Saturday, August 20, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #18: Choices, choices

Please check out other samples from participating Six Sentence Sunday authors at http://www.sixsunday.com/.

For today's Six Sentence Sunday, I continue with my Regency paranormal romance WIP, A Woman of Proper Accomplishments. For reference, a soul breather is a person with the rare ability to literally breathe life into inanimate objects:


Appreciating the handsome face of her rescuer was far preferable to letting her thoughts return to the disturbing memory of the masked criminal.

She could not help but compare Captain Southward to Mr. Morgan. The clean-shaven captain possessed darker hair and lighter eyes but presented less height. Her nose detected no hint of any eau de cologne unlike during her encounters with the more broad-shouldered Mr. Morgan. The militia officer's movements lacked the inherent grace and dignity of the soul breather but exuded a certain raw presence lacking in the gentleman. Though unclear if it was an artifact of his current profession or a more inherent aspect of the captain’s character, she could not deny the appeal.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great six, well written contrast and comparison :)

Lindsay said...

Sounds like she can't decide who she like better

Cate Masters said...

Wonderful internal monologue. Lovely snippet!

Bree said...

Very vivid descriptions. Can't wait to see what's next.

Chrystalla Thoma said...

Mmm sounds like she has a choice between two not-bad-looking gentlemen... :D Great six!

Unknown said...

I really liked her comparison! I could visualize easily! NICE!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Great comparison of the two men!

sue said...

excellent comparison - I know who I would pick :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
1000th.monkey said...

okay, I read that first line too fast 'cause I went, 'oooh! Captain Morgan!' ...then realized it wasn't an alcohol reference :)

Nice six :)

Gem Sivad said...

Great internal thoughts making the comparison between two attractive me.

JoAnne Kenrick said...

Nice comparison xx

Verna Clay said...

I always enjoy your snippets. I especially like your phrase, "soul breather." Nice use of comparisons to set descriptions in readers' minds.

lexcade said...

Lovely descriptions! I love the way she pits them against each other in her head.